OPRAH Winfrey reportedly advised Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to ditch the British Royal family to become US power-couple, sources said on Thursday.
Oprah, who attended Meghan, 38, and 35-year-old Harry’s wedding encouraged their “declaration of independence,” according to Page Six.
Oprah – who pals around with Meghan’s mom, Doria Ragland – didn’t deny the claims, telling Entertainment Tonight the couple “do not need my help in figuring out what’s best for them.”
“I care about them both and support whatever decisions they make for their family,” she said of their unexpected exit which left the world and the royals reeling.
A source told the publication: “Oprah was the first person to talk to Harry and Meghan about breaking free and doing their own thing, building on their own brand.”
“She made them realize it was really possible,” the insider added after the couple’s plans to “step back” from the Royal Family to pursue financial independence emerged.
The news comes after the SunOnline exclusively revealed Meghan and Harry’s plans to start a new life in Canada and reconsider their royal roles.
Meghan and Harry have reportedly already trademarked “Sussex Royal” as a brand on more than 100 properties in the UK with an estimated $500 million revenue, says Page Six.
The publication revealed they made their royal mark on everything from clothing, stationery, and photographs after their shocking plans to leave the country emerged.
But it’s not Harry’s first rodeo with the American powerhouse that is Oprah: she previously interviewed the prince for an Apple TV+ serious about the Sussexes’ struggle with the spotlight.
The couple have also reportedly gathered an array of other powerful celeb friends, which include the Obamas, Clooneys, Serena Williams, James Corden and designer Misha Nonoo.
Nonoo’s new husband Michael Hess even offered Harry and Meghan one of their gated Malibu Colony homes called “Billionaire’s Beach,” according to PageSix.
SunOnline reached out to Oprah about Meghan and Harry’s shock decision to leave the UK on Friday.
While Harry held crisis talks with the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William, Meghan jetted off to Canada, leaving baby Archie with his dad.
She flew back after just three days in the UK and the former actress will rejoin eight-month-old Archie in Vancouver.
It is thought the couple didn’t want their son to suffer jet lag flying ten hours to and from Canada inside five days
Meghan is expected to stay there for the foreseeable future while Harry will stay in Britain to host the Rugby League World Cup 2021 draw next week.
The move could also make a dent in their pockets as Prince Charles threatened to cut off their £2 million funding if they abandon their royal duties completely.
But Harry and Meghan want to keep their Frogmore cottage which was refurbished with £2.4m of taxpayers’ cash as their London second home.
‘STRING HIM UP’
Drifter hauled from court after ‘starting blaze in fire-ravaged Australia’
Man, 26, dies four years after colleague poisoned his sandwich with mercury
SHOT DOWN IN FLAMES
Chilling video shows ‘Iranian missile’ bringing down passenger jet
HOUSE OF HORRORS
Two starving kids rescued from stepdad who burnt them with cigarettes
In their extraordinary statement the couple said they would use the five-bedroom pad “as their official residence as they continue to support the Monarchy.”
The couple’s bombshell statement was released on January 8 apparently without the knowledge of other members of the Royal family.
The Queen was left “deeply upset” by the unexpected announcement and William was “incandescent with rage”.
For US insert GOT a story? EMAIL email@example.com