Yom Kippur 2022 begins on Tuesday, October 4th at sundown and will end on the evening of Wednesday, October 5th. Here are some heartfelt greetings, messages and quotes to send to your family and friends on the holy days.
Yom Kippur which means “Day of Atonement” in Hebrew is considered the holiest day in the Jewish year.
It marks the tenth and final day of the Jewish High Holidays that begin with Rosh Hashanah (Beginning of the Year), which kicked off on September 25 this year.
Here are the best greetings, messages and quotes to send out on Yom Kippur.
How to wish someone on Yom Kippur 2022
Yom Kippur isn’t exactly a happy holiday. It has a sombre mood as it’s meant for repenting personal sins. Hence do not go around wishing your Jewish friends a ‘Happy Yom Kippur.’
USA Today notes, the customary greeting for Yom Kippur is “G’mar chatima tova,” which translates to “May you be sealed in the Book of Life.”
Another way to greet your Jewish friends on this holy day is “Tzom kal” or “Tsom kal” which translates to “easy fast” or “Have an easy fast.”
If you wish to stick to English, you can say “Wishing you a meaningful Yom Kippur”, “Have a blessed Yom Kippur,” and “Have a blessed fast.”
We have a list of beautiful greetings and messages you can send out to your Jewish friends, colleagues and neighbours on this day.
27 beautiful Yom Kippur greetings and messages
- G’mar chatima tova (A good final sealing)
- Tzom kal or Tsom kal (Have an easy fast)
- Yom tov. (Good day)
- Gut yontiff. (Good day.)
- Have a meaningful fast.
- Have a good holy day.
- Wishing you a good final sealing.
- Have an easy fast.
- Wishing you a good seal.
- God is always there to bless His children with endless mercy. May your fasting be easy and may your sins be forgiven on this day. Blessed Yom Kippur!
- I hope you find everlasting peace and glory on this holy day. And all your prayers be answered with rewards and your repentance with mercy. Blessed Yom Kippur to you!
- I’m praying that our lord inscribes your name in the book of life for good health, endless joy, and never-ending happiness. You are always in my prayers!
- Hope your day of atonement be full of mercy, bliss, and blessings. Blessed Yom Kippur. Have a great day!
- Sending you loads of blessed wishes on this Yom Kippur! May your fast well and pray hard for inner peace, dear buddy!
- God has loved us unconditionally and he will forgive us if we present our repentance before him with a pure heart. Let’s pray together today.
- Forgive yourself and anybody and everybody who has let you down on this very special day of Yom Kippur. Sending my best wishes!
- May this supreme day of forgiveness bring us closer to the Almighty and keep our bond as a family strong. Blessed Yom Kippur to you all.
- Let’s recalculate our course of life on this day of atonements. May we all be forgiven and be rewarded with a beautiful life. wishing you a blessed Yom Kippur.
- My dear boss and coworkers, I wish you all a pleasant Yom Kippur.
- Life is short, and this Yom Kippur is the best occasion to cut short all negativity to enhance the beauty of this life.
- A day of repentance and forgiveness…. may this Yom Kippur be a day of endless blessings and happiness for you.
Yom Kippur Quotes
Just to be is a blessing. Just to live is holy – Heschel
God has given us a choice between life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore, choose life! – Rabbi Debra Orenstein
Yom Kippur is the idea that we get a second chance before God forgives us for the mistakes that we’ve made. And we all get a second chance in life. – Rabbi Shmuel Herzfeld
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
Take forgiveness slowly. Don’t blame yourself for being slow. Peace will come.- Yoko Ono
In other news, Jeffrey Dahmer’s glasses, prison bible, and other items go on sale