Celebrate National Girlfriend Day on Instagram with your best female friends by sharing a cute captioned post!
Before we get started, what even is National Girlfriend Day?
National Girlfriend Day celebrates the special bond of friendship between girls, whether sisters or mothers, classmates or co-workers, the list goes on!
Keep reading to discover the best captions to accompany your National Girlfriend posts.
17 National Girlfriend Day Captions for Instagram
Romantic partners will come and go but no matter what, you’ll always have your girls.
These important females often make the dearest of friends.
The annual event rolls around every year on 1st August, and this year it falls on a Sunday.
So, why not make use of your day of rest and share the love for your girlfriend’s?
Below are some amazing captions to accompany your girlfriends’ post on the ‘gram!
- “Happy National Girlfriends Day, girlfriend!”
- “True friends are never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart.”
- “Thank you for being a friend.”
- “Friends for life, sisters forever.”
- “Because of you, I laugh a little harder, cry a little less and smile a lot more.”
- “There’s no way a man can understand you like a woman,”
- “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but onl true friends will leave footprints on your heart.”
- “A sweet friendship refreshes the soul.”
- “A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.”
- “True friends are those rare people who come to find you in dark places and lead you back to the light.”
- “Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest. It’s about who walked into your life, said, “I’m here for you”, and proved it.”
- “There are friends, there is family, and then there are friends that become family.”
15 Cute quotes
Whether its a movie quote, or a song lyric, you can always count on these to make pretty good captions!
- “Who run the world? Girls!” – Beyoncé
- “We made a deal ages ago … men, babies, it doesn’t matter. We’re soulmates.” – Samantha Jones, Sex and the City
- “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Sisters never pack up, we always run back, love” – Lady Gaga
- “A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not be done.” – Marge Piercy
- “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.” – Marlene Dietrich
- “Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.” – Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes
- “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” – Muhammad Ali
- “You find out who your real friends are when you’re involved in a scandal.” – Elizabeth Taylor
9 funny friendship captions to celebrate
Spice up your Instagram post by adding some comedy.
- “Admit it … life would be super boring without me.”
- “I don’t need another friend. I already have two. I mean, how many more friends does a guy need?”
- “Hate to see you leave, but love to watch you go. ‘Cause of your butt.”
- “You are the ‘she’ to my ‘nanigans.’”
- “Friends give you a shoulder to cry on. But best friends are ready with a shovel to hurt the person that made you cry.”
- “Ovaries before brovaries. Uteruses before duderuses.”
- “My love for you is like pooping. I’d be dead without it.”
- “Friendship is like peeing in your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warm feeling inside.”
- “Friends are like bras, always close to your heart and there for support.”
- “Real friendship is when your friend comes over to your house and then you both just take a nap.”
In other news, TikTok: Where did the “Oh Lord” sound originate? Song and commercial explored!