When it comes to studying abroad, everyone endeavours to secure admission to the best institutions from around the world. European countries are quite popular, but for most students budget is the most imperative factor. It is quite challenging for most international aspirants to afford the massive cost associated with studying abroad, hence to help all aspirants in this regard, we have created a list of the most affordable European countries where they can earn their bachelor’s degrees in their desired budget.
International students who desire high-quality education must consider Nordic countries. which include Iceland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland. Nordic countries offer low-budget study options. However, there is an exception to a few technical study programs.
- Norway proffers less restrictive policies and free education in public universities for everyone, both EU citizens and non-EU residents.
- Almost all Norwegian institutions offer English-taught study programs, at all levels, making Norway a more desirable destination for most international students.
- With attractive destinations, stunning beauty, and last but not the least the spectacular aura lights, Norway offers a high-quality lifestyle.
- Unfortunately, like every Nordic country, living cost in Norway is highly expensive. The good news is that prospective students can search for fully funded scholarships in Norway and get their bachelor’s degrees at the most affordable cost.
International students who want to complete their graduation in various art subjects, fashion, and history, must consider Italy. The country offers the most affordable higher educational institutions and living options. Yearly, thousands of students get enrolled in Italian universities.
- Italy academic institutions charge minimal tuition fees to global students.
- The country is home to the world’s oldest academic institutions.
- The average yearly fee of public universities in Italy varies from free of cost to a few thousand euros.
- The average living cost for students in cities like Padua, Pisa, and Turin, is between euro 600-1000/month, inclusive of food, housing, local commute, and entertainment.
- Italy has fewer local English speakers, so students must learn Italian to communicate at the local level.
Hungary is one of the most affordable European countries that offer the lowest fee and housing cost. Global prospective students who want to complete their graduation in science and mathematics must opt for Hungarian universities.
- For non-European residents, the Hungary government charges very low tuition fees in public universities.
- Living cost for international students is highly economical.
- Hungary has various vocational training institutions that provide high-quality education at highly reasonable costs.
- The academia in Hungary follows the Bologna approach – three-year graduation programs and two-year master’s programs. So, students won’t comply with international standards of credit hours required for graduation.
Luxembourg is one of the smallest European countries with a low population. International students who want to pursue higher education by learning the local language should opt for this country.
- After completing a graduation degree, the Luxembourg government provides various employment opportunities to graduates.
- The country is the perfect place to explore diverse cultures and learn German, French, or their native language.
- It is also the safest and most advanced place for international aspirants.
- Luxembourg is a small country, and students who want to travel a lot during their study abroad program may find fewer tourist attractions.
Cyprus is a Mediterranean country located between Asia and Europe. It has an interesting geographical position as technically it is located in Asia but politically comes under European Union. And due to its uniqueness and affordable higher education options, Cyprus is one of the favorite destinations for study abroad aspirants.
- Cyprus is the only European country that accepts study gaps of 10 years.
- The tuition fees of various universities and living costs for students are highly affordable.
- Commute and food are cheaper than in other European countries.
- Cyprus has an employment rule for international students to stay six months after arrival. Before completing the said period, they can’t do any job legally.
- The Cyprus government offers limited employment opportunities for international students.
France is a country of world-class academia with beautiful cities, architecture, and tourist destinations. The country offers the best quality education in aviation, business, engineering, and tourism at a highly reasonable cost.
- The French government provides various student packages that cut the tuition fee from minimum to zero.
- Housing costs are also low with quality options.
- French universities offer a variety of courses and class schedules. So, international students can opt for separate timings and courses, as per their convenience.
- After completing graduation, students can apply for a one-year work permit.
- Most French universities and colleges offer courses in the English language, but locals prefer to communicate in French. So, before opting for France, students should learn French.
Bonus Tip: Before making an educated decision, every prospective student does lots of research. To make the process stress-less various online education portals are available that assist students in this regard. Thus, aspirants can opt for ed-tech platforms like WooStudy and avail themselves with free of cost quality services.