Ahmed Ghaleb Nasser Al-Rahawi, who was appointed last year, was killed along with other officials in the Israeli attack on Thursday, the Iran-backed Houthis said.
Israel has been striking Houthi targets for months in response to missile attacks by the rebels, who claim solidarity with the Palestinians and have also been harassing shipping in the Red Sea.
“We announce the martyrdom of the fighter Ahmed Ghaleb Nasser Al-Rahawi … along with several of his ministerial colleagues, as they were targeted by the treacherous Israeli criminal enemy,” a Houthi statement said.
“Others among their companions were injured with moderate to serious wounds and are receiving medical care since Thursday afternoon,” it added.
On Thursday, Israeli forces said they “struck a Houthi terrorist regime military target”. Unsourced Yemeni media reports of Rahawi’s death were not confirmed at the time.
The Houthis called the gathering that was hit “a routine workshop organised by the government to evaluate its activities and performance over the past year”.