The popular ‘A man buys a goat’ riddle has many people online scratching their heads but we are here to save your problem.
HITC explain the popular riddle and reveal the correct answer.
Learn how to use mathematics to solve this puzzle that is circling the internet.
- SEE MORE: Molly Mae endometriosis surgery to feature in Love Islander’s new video
‘A man buys a goat’ riddle
A man buys a goat for $60.
Then, he sells it for $70.
Then, he buys it back at $80 but sells it again for $90.
How much did he make?
He made $20.
$70-$60=$10. So, the man made $10 the first time.
He then made $10 the second time, because $90-$80=$10.
Therefore, he made a total of $20.
The transactions are separate and completely unrelated.
The price of the goat has nothing to do with the riddle as this isn’t a cash flow problem, it’s a profit question!
- FIND OUT: What is Instagram Favourites, who can see and is it private?
Where to find more riddles
If you are looking for more riddles to solve, below is a selection prepared for you:
- The ‘Famous Crave Me’ riddle answer HERE.
- Name a fruit without the letter ‘i’ in it. Find out the answer HERE.
- How many letters are in ‘the alphabet?’ – It’s not 26! Find out the answer HERE.
- I met a man on my way to St Ivory. He tipped his hat and drew his coat. I told you his name already. What’s his name? Discover the mysterious man’s name HERE.
- You enter a room. 2 dogs, 4 horses, 1 giraffe and a duck are lying on the bed. 3 chickens are flying over a chair. How many legs are on the ground? ANSWER HERE.
- The owner of the butcher shop is five foot ten inches tall, has brown hair and wears size 11 1/2 shoes. He is married and has two children, one boy and one girl. What does he weigh? ANSWER HERE.
In other news, Who is LaShun Pace as fans mourn Atlanta star’s death?