ARSENAL legend Marc Overmars quit Ajax after being accused of sending X-rated images of himself to female staff.
The Royal Dutch Football Federation (KNVB) has appealed for victims to come forward after the shocking allegations came to light on Monday.
The former winger, who also played for Barcelona as well as the Gunners, apologised and resigned as Ajax Director of Football after sending ‘inappropriate messages to female colleagues’.
Overmars, 48, had been in the role since 2012 and recently penned a new deal until 2026.
However, while he accepts his ‘unacceptable’ behaviour, he is yet to respond to allegations made in his homeland’s media that he indecent photos of himself.
Ajax said on Monday that he did not want to comment on further claims in Het Parool that he ‘exhibited stalking-like behaviour’ towards one employee and sent her messages – ‘including d*** pics’.
Dutch outlet AD attempted to contact Overmars for comment regarding the fresh allegations, however an Ajax spokesperson said he did not want to respond.
The club itself also said that it leave it at the statement on the website for the time being.
In a statement released prior to the fresh allegations, Overmars admitted he was ‘ashamed’ and that his behaviour was ‘unacceptable’.
Overmars told Ajax’s website: “Last week I was confronted with reports about my behaviour and how this has come across to others.
“Unfortunately I didn’t realise that I was crossing the line with this but that was made clear to me in recent days. I apologise.”
KNVB later said that it was ‘shocked by the reports at Ajax and sympathise with all the victims’.
They added: “We would like to say to all victims of transgressive behaviour: please report, no matter how difficult it is.”
⚽ Read our Transfer News Live blog for the very latest rumours, gossip and done deals