When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
Black Friday 2020 is now just days away, and it is already proving out to be an impressive day for tech deals, with early deals being posted by multiple retailers.
Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, and many more have already started dropping prices for a number of their popular devices and other products.
Now that we’re so close to the big day, and that retailers are already hosting pretty impressive deals for some rather popular devices, we’re starting to track deals in real time. Expect this story to be updated regularly through
with new deals information and links.
Also, we’ll answer all of the frequently asked questions you may have for Black Friday 2020, and information on how our team of expert product reviewers expects holiday shopping to be affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here are the most impressive tech deals we’ve found for Black Friday 2020 that are available to grab right now. We’ve separated these deals by categories drilled down by brand and product type. Use the table of contents to find what you’re looking for quickly.
Apple’s AirPods with wireless charging case have a clever design that makes them very comfortable, and the pleasant sound quality will surprise many. However, they don’t isolate the wearer from the outside world. The current $160 sale price is common for this model, and the lowest price we’ve seen so far is $140.
The Apple AirPods Pro look and sound better than previous-generation AirPods, plus they have noise cancellation built right into them and integrate perfectly with other Apple devices. The current $200 price is a solid deal, but Walmart will have the AirPods Pro on sale for an all-time low price of just $169 starting November 25.
When does Black Friday start at each retailer?
Black Friday technically starts at 12:01 a.m. local time for all web retailers. However, Black Friday sales are basically live right now, just in a smaller state than what we expect to see on the big day. From what we’ve seen so far, retailers are posting deals right now, and will continue to up until and throughout Black Friday into Cyber Monday.
- Amazon: The mega retailer of the U.S. will start discounting products for Black Friday starting on November 20. Check out our full guide to Amazon’s Black Friday deals.
- Best Buy: This retailer’s stores will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, but there are multiple Best Buy Black Friday deals ongoing through the whole month of November.
- GameStop: The gaming retailer’s early Black Friday event started on November 14, and the official GameStop Black Friday sale begins online on November 25 at 9 p.m. ET. Stores will open at 7 a.m. on Black Friday with extended hours, and the sale will continue through November 29.
- Target: The company has been offering new deals every week of November for Black Friday this year, with weekly ads dropping each Thursday. Expect to see a blitz of deals come Thanksgiving into Black Friday proper.
- Walmart: Walmart’s Black Friday event starts on Thanksgiving Day, November 25 at 7 p.m. EST. In-store shopping on Black Friday begins at 5 a.m. local time. However, Walmart is encouraging customers to shop online and use its curbside pick-up services.
How long do Black Friday sales last?
Black Friday has begun to last the entire month of November practically, but of course the very best deals do tend to appear on the actual day.
However, retailers have used the weekend between Black Friday and Cyber Monday to extend deals that perhaps didn’t fly off their stock shelves yet. Retailers are known to further slash prices in real time over that weekend to clear out stock as well, but it’s usually not the most popular items.
Better yet, some retailers keep certain deals until well after the shopping holidays to pad out their revenues and profits throughout entire December shopping season ahead of Christmas and other holidays.
What should you buy on Black Friday?
There are deals available for all sorts of tech devices or services, but there are a few categories that are particularly lucrative for discounts and savings. Here are some categories to look out for to get some of the best deals:
- Smart home devices
- Gaming consoles and video games
- Speakers and soundbars
- Robot vacuums
Is Black Friday or Cyber Monday better for tech products?
In years past, it’s been known that
holds better deals on tech products than Black Friday, but that hasn’t been the case for a long time. In fact, you can find even better deals in the days leading up to both events than during, in some rare cases.
Tech retailers are hosting major discounts on devices all month long, but some do hold certain deals for certain days to drum up real-time interest. So, it’s worth hunting for deals on both days, or really all weekend long.
How we select the best Black Friday deals
- We only recommend products that meet our high standards for coverage. We have either used each product or service ourselves or we have researched them carefully using our previous experience.
- We always compare product prices among the most popular retailers, like Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and Walmart, and feature only the deals with the deepest savings (not including promotional discounts that come from using certain credit cards).
- All deals that we feature will be at least 20% off, with the occasional exception for products that are rarely discounted or provide an exceptional value.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
You can purchase syndication rights to this story here.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Reviews team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.