Listen up, ice cream fiends.
You can now purchase a huge tub of Ben & Jerry’s for a fiver.
The Peanut Butter Cup flavour frozen treat is being sold in 4.5 litre tubs in B&M.
You can save a lot of money by going large too.
If you bought a typical 465ml tub of the nutty Ben & Jerry’s, you could expect to pay £4.50.
The B&M carton is around 10 times bigger than the usual size – and you only have to pay 50p more to check it out.
Shoppers can save £38.50 if they buy the big tubs instead of getting 4.5L worth of ice cream from 465ml tubs.
So what are you waiting for?
B&M and Heron Foods are stocking the wholesale-size tubs at the moment.
You can’t purchase them online so you’ll have to head into store to pick one up.
It’s also worth noting that the frozen treats will only be available while stock lasts.
In other news, experts recently told us we’ve been eating ice cream wrong.
Oppo Brothers, in partnership with sensory scientist Dr Sarah Kemp, have brought to life the exact formula of how to eat ice cream to maximise flavour.
The scientific formula of how to eat ice cream is: ([email protected]°C + ½S + UDS + 12s) x 2 = MF*.
This equation illustrates a step by step process of how to taste ice cream in the right way to maximise flavour and create a sensory experience.
Here’s how you should eat ice cream, according to a scientist:
- Leave the ice cream to warm up in the tub for 15 minutes to reach -14C
- Scoop half a teaspoonful of ice cream onto a teaspoon.
- Place the teaspoon upside down into the mouth so the ice cream touches the tongue first for initial flavour
- Roll the ice cream around your mouth and enjoy the creamy, smooth texture and mouth feel.
- Take a breath in through the mouth so that it reaches all your receptors.
- Keep the ice cream in your mouth for 12 seconds to experience maximum flavour.
- Repeat the tasting procedure to build up the full ice cream taste profile and sensation.