Apple Cranberry Crisp is tart and sweet filled with juicy apples and cranberries topped with an oat streusel topping!
Nothing calls everyone to the kitchen like the smell of a freshly baked apple dessert! One of our more beloved comfort foods, crisps are as easy to make as they are delicious!
Favorite Old-Fashioned Crisp
We love fruit crisps because they are simple, rustic, and heartwarming.
- A perfect crisp can be served hot or even room temperature.
- They use inexpensive ingredients that I usually have on hand.
- Crisps are easy to make ahead of time and put in the oven while you’re eating dinner
- Serve it with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
FRUIT Apples & cranberries are used in this recipe. We use Granny smith apples because they’re tart and tend to hold their shape well without becoming mushy. Use fresh or frozen cranberries, they do not need to be thawed if frozen.
TOPPING Rolled oats are mixed with brown sugar & pecans to create a crumbly topping. Rolled oats will stay firmer during cooking as opposed to instant or quick oats.
VARIATIONS Canned or frozen fruit works as well, so does a variety of nuts like walnuts, almonds, even pistachios!
Don’t forget the vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, or whipped cream!
How to Make Cranberry Apple Crisp
Cranberry apple crisp dessert is actually easier than pie!
- Mix flour, brown sugar, oats, & pecans together. Add butter & combine until the topping is crumbly.
- Toss fruit with sugar & cinnamon, spread in a casserole dish, & cover with topping.
- Bake until cranberries are bubbling up through the crisp topping.
PRO TIP: Sauté pecans in a small pan until they are lightly browned and fragrant. This makes them extra crunchy and flavorful.
Tips for the Perfect Crunchy Topping
Cranberry apple crisp will turn out perfect every time with just a couple of tips for success!
- Cut the butter into small cubes and chill before incorporating it into the topping. The cold butter helps create that crisp and crunchy topping as it bakes.
- For an extra crispy topping, place the finished dessert under the broiler for about 3 minutes or until the topping is browned.
How to Store a Crisp
- Keep cranberry apple crisp covered in plastic wrap or in an airtight container in the refrigerator and it will keep for up to 4 days.
- This is especially great if you are having guests over because all of the preparation can be done up to a day ahead of time and all you have to do is pop it in the oven!
Our Fave Fruity Desserts
Did your family love this Cranberry Apple Crisp? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Cranberry Apple Crisp
Apples paired with cranberries make this crisp sweet and tart, and the crumble topping gives it a bit of crunch!
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix the topping ingredients with a fork until well combined and crumbly.
Toss the sliced apples and cranberries with the granulated sugar and cinnamon and place in a 2qt baking dish. Sprinkle the topping over the fruit.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the topping is a golden brown and the cranberries are bubbly.
This can be served warm or cold. As a warm dessert, it’s excellent with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Calories: 485, Carbohydrates: 82g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 30mg, Sodium: 110mg, Potassium: 264mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 63g, Vitamin A: 430IU, Vitamin C: 8mg, Calcium: 49mg, Iron: 1mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword best Cranberry Apple Crisp recipe, cranberry apple crisp, fruit crisp, how to make Cranberry Apple Crisp