If you’ve been playing Wordle since the early days, then chances are you’ve built up quite the winning streak. Keeping that streak alive can be tricky, especially if your early guesses don’t go to plan. Fortunately, you can guarantee victory by checking out the answer further down the page. If you would rather try to figure out the answer for yourself, simply click the link below for three spoiler-free hints. If you still want to know the answer, head to the bottom of the page for the answer to Wordle 291 for April 6.
Wordle tasks players with guessing a five-letter word in just six attempts. In order to successfully figure out the answer, you’ll need to pay attention to the colour of the tiles.
For each guess, the letter tiles will show up in one of three colours. If the letter tile turns grey, the letter does not appear in the word you are guessing.
If the tile turns yellow, the letter is in the word, just not in the correct position. Finally, if the tile turns green, the letter is in the word and in the right place.
If you do manage to solve the puzzle, you can share your score on social media for bragging rights. The app also keeps track of your statistics, including your winning streak.
The only downside to Wordle is that if you fail to solve the puzzle, you’ll have to wait until the next day for a new puzzle.
Read on for some general Wordle tips, followed by the answer for Wordle 291 on April 6…
Wordle tips and tricks…
• Don’t use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try to use a couple of vowels in your first guess, particularly ‘A’ and ‘E’.
• Avoid letters such as ‘X’, ‘Z’ and ‘Q’ until later on, when you have a better idea what the answer is.
• ‘AUDIO’ or ‘ARISE’ are good starting words, as they contain lots of vowels. If you use ‘AUDIO’, perhaps follow it up with something like ‘SPENT’ to incorporate even more common letters.
The Wordle 291 answer for April 6…
1. The answer to the April 6 Wordle 291 is ‘COMMA’