CHRIS EUBANK JR takes on rival Liam Williams TONIGHT in a huge British middleweight grudge match.
The British Boxing Board of Control had to cancel the bout along with every fight in the UK throughout January, but it’s now back on and set to take place this weekend.
EUBANK JR VS WILLIAMS – FREE BETS, LATEST ODDS, TIPS
Eubank Jr fought twice in 2021, seeing off Marcus Morrison and Wanik Awdijan as he looks to build towards Gennady Golovkin and a world title shot.
Williams meanwhile got his chance at the WBO middleweight crown in the summer, but fell on the wrong side of an unanimous decision against Demetrius Andrade.
This will be the Welshman’s first bout in Cardiff since 2018, where he scored an emphatic second round KO of Craig Nicholson.
There is no love-lost between the two fighters and this Best of British fight could be one of the highlights of 2021.
When is Eubank Jr vs Williams?
- The big domestic dust-up was set for Saturday, January 29 – but was POSTPONED for a second time.
- Originally, the fight was scheduled for December 11, but a shoulder injury for Williams had put the fight back by six weeks.
- It will now be held TONIGHT – Saturday, February 5.
- It will be held at the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff, which will house around 7,000 fight fans.
- The evening’s entertainment will start around 6pm, with the main event around 10pm GMT.
Which TV channel and live stream can I watch it on?
You will be able to watch every jab, duck and upper-cut on Sky Sports Arena.
Sky Sports get their coverage underway from 7.30pm.
If you’re not a Sky customer, you can watch by grabbing a NOW TV pass from £9.99.
SunSport will be running a dedicated live blog for this fight, so you don’t miss any of the drama.
Who else is fighting on the undercard?
- Chris Eubank Jr vs Liam Williams (Middleweight)
- Claressa Shields vs Ema Kozin (WBA, WBC and IBF women’s middleweight titles)
- Chris Jenkins vs Julius Indongo (Welterweight)
- Rhys Edwards vs Ruslan Berhcuk (Featherweight)
- Harlem Eubank vs TBA (Super lightweight)
- Samuel Antwi vs Conah Walker (Welterweight)
- Caroline Dubois vs Vaida Masiokaite (Women’s lightweight)
- Steve Robinson vs Shane Gill (Heavyweight)
What they said
Eubank Jr said: “I am on the way to world titles and cleaning up the middleweight division. Rematch clauses? Business is business.
“I will stand over him, looking down, raising my fists.
“We have the styles to make this an epic fight. We’ll see who has the better chin, speed, tactics, footwork.
“I don’t try to deceive. That will be proven. He doesn’t have the chin to withstand the punishment that is coming his way.
“I know what I’ve done to guys that two or three times as tough as him.”
Williams said: “I’ve got a better skill-set. I punch harder. He is mentally tough and takes a good shot but his legs are robotic. He moves like he has wooden legs.
“Chris, once the going gets tough, will revert back [to his old style].
“Chris has a rematch clause for this fight so he obviously doubts his ability.”