The offering will be free for a year for anyone who buys any new iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac or iPod touch. The cost for others is $4.99 per month after a seven-day free trial.
Here are details on how to subscribe and watch.
– Customers can sign up and watch programming through the Apple TV app or through a web browser
– The Apple TV app is available on the iPhone, iPad, Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD, the third-generation Apple TV device, iPod touch and Mac computers
– People who do not have an Apple device have a few options:
– Sign up and watch through the Apple TV app using a Roku device, select Samsung smart TVs or on Amazon Fire TV devices
– Use AirPlay2, Apple’s WiFI streaming technology, to watch via certain Samsung, LG and VIZIO smart TVs
– Go through a web browser at tv.apple.com in Safari, Chrome and Firefox
– Apple has said the Apple TV app will expand to other smart TVs, streaming boxes and streaming sticks in the future.
– Customers eligible for the free, one-year subscription can start it by going to the Apple TV app.
– Purchasers who bought a new Apple device between Sept. 10 and Nov. 1 and want to claim the free subscription must activate it within three months of Nov. 1. Purchasers of new Apple devices after Nov. 1 have three months from the activation date of a new device.
– People who activate the year-long free trial will be charged $4.99 per month after the year ends. The subscription can be canceled at any time in device settings.
Reporting by Lisa Richwine; Editing by Cynthia Osterman
Credit: Source link