The average journey of a real estate investor tends to go something like this: buy a house, use profits to reinvest into another house, buy a duplex here and there, and buy another house again. Does this sound like you or someone you know?
For Feras Moussa, stacking single-family properties was never the goal, especially after he had to manage his first rental investments. At some point, it becomes too hard to scale and you’re stuck with 30+ units and 30+ tenants all trying to get your attention to fix something. This is how real estate can become more of a job than a business.
Feras knew this so he started venturing into medium/large multifamily investments instead. His first big multifamily deal was a 99-unit deal in Atlanta, Georgia. He was able to take a neglected apartment complex and turn it into a cash-flowing, high-value piece of property that he later sold for a sizable multiple. Now, Feras does bigger deals, like a $50M+ apartment complex that his company Disrupt Equity and Open Door Capital are partnering on.
If you feel too scared to jump (or even dip your toe) into bigger multifamily investments, hear out Feras. He shows it’s a lot less scary than most people think.
Click here to listen on Apple Podcasts.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Read the Transcript Here
Watch the Episode Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How to scale your real estate investment portfolio with medium/large multifamily
- The habits that a successful multifamily investor develops
- Networking and being more than just the “business card” person
- Why masterminds are a HUGE source of deals, partners, and friends
- Underwriting and how it differs from basic deal analysis
- Using “value-add” to increase the value of a property and cash flow
- The red flags you should look for when buying multifamily properties
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show:
Connect with our Feras: