Want to make a Michelin-approved meal at home?
You don’t need any fancy equipment or posh ingredients to make a restaurant-worthy dish.
Gordon Ramsay’s easy tomato pasta dish is a great one to try.
The Michelin guide shared the recipe on Instagram recently – and home cooks can’t get enough of it during lockdown.
To make the dish, all you need is canned tomatoes, tomato paste, red wine and herbs & spices.
So will you be giving it a go? Check out the recipe below.
Ingredients to make Gordon Ramsay’s Marinara Dish
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Two cans of 28 oz cannes tomatoes
- Two tablespoons tomato paste
- One large yellow onion
- Six garlic cloves
- Six basil leaves
- One cup red wine
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
For the sauce
- Add your oil and warm thoroughly
- Chuck in some finely diced onions and season with salt and pepper
- Gently soften your onions down in the pan until they’re translucent in colour
- Add thinly sliced garlic and sweat for three minutes
- Add torn basil leaves and wilt for two minutes
- Shake in some chilli flakes if you want a kick
- Add tomato paste and cook for three to five minutes
- Turn the heat up to high and add your red wine
- When the mixture has halved in size, add your tomatoes and turn the heat back down
- Simmer gently for 90 minutes
- Blend and serve with your pasta
For the pasta
- Boil your pasta in salt water for the time stated on your packaging
- Pour over your marinara sauce and season to taste
- Serve with accompaniments of your choice – Gordon recommends ricotta cheese and basil
So will you be giving it a go?
Foodies think the recipe is well worth the effort.
The Instagram post has racked up 19,100 likes and dozens of gushing comments.
One home cook said: “I made this season today it is delicious. Please try it!
“Thank you very much to the chef for this recipe.”
And another wrote: “This has become a firm favourite in our house… thank you for sharing it.”