A SAVVY mum believes she has discovered an ingenious trick to keep her kids entertained in the car – and herself sane.
This parent hack keeps Monica Ellis’ little ones content in the back seat, whether they’re on a long road tip or simply running errands.
In a video shared on TikTok the mum shared her latest tip and claimed: “Best travel hack for kids. This will save your life… and your sanity.”
The content creator demonstrates how to hang up an iPad using simple straps with hooks, which can be bought on Amazon for £7.
Monica takes advantage of the sunroof visor in her car as a place to display the tablet.
“Love this hack,” wrote one impressed fan.
“Now why haven’t I thought of this, would keep my toddler happy and stop them from turning it off”, agreed another.
It is important to note any device should be secured safely while driving.
Some parents were quick to highlight the dangers of a tablet or iPad flying off and hitting a passenger in the event of a crash, or even harsh breaking.
Monica claimed to have never experienced any problems with her technique.
Other parents questioned whether their children would feel car sick as the tablet can swing freely but Monica claimed her youngsters didn’t.
It comes as other hacks have been shared to help keep the kids entertained.
Mum-of-eight shares 10 things to stop buying that’ll ‘cut your food shop bill in half’
A mum-of-three revealed her husband’s ‘genius’ idea to always keep your children happy when out and about – and it’s completely free.
Kaitlyn shared that her husband wrote a list of five items her son and daughter had to find while running errands as if they were on a scavenger hunt.
Meanwhile, a self-described supermum offered her twelve hacks that are essential for road trips with your children.
Shannon Doherty (@athomewithshannon) is a busy mum-of-four children but knows how to boss any car journey.
10 car hacks every mum needs to know
Silicone cupcake liners
- This ingenious hack will make sure that your cup holders never get filled with dust and crumbs ever again.
- By putting a silicone cupcake liner in the slot, you can easily keep all of your belongings neat and tidy, without all the mess.
DIY DVD case
- If you take an old DVD case, you can let your kids use the flat surface as a rest for their paper and pens.
- They will then have an easy surface to draw on and keep them occupied for the long car journeys.
- Whether you’re going on a long trip or just going out for an hour – it’s always key to keep a pillow or two in your car.
- Just in case you or your kids drift off, the nap will be much better with a cushioned head rest.
Makeshift car bin
- You can put a bin bag in a plastic cereal dispenser, open the lid, and dispose of your rubbish.
- It’s the perfect way to keep everything tidy – and you can also close the lid to keep the odours in while you drive.
Backseat storage hacks
- You can put a canvas bag on the back of your seat in the car to keep everything organised in another incredible trick.
- Your little ones in the back seat will be able to keep all their toys and belongings in order, slotting everything into their designated spots.
Organise the boot
- Buying some hooks and organisers can make a world of a difference to your boot.
- For long trips where you may have lots of items to store, this genuis hack is the best way to keep things neat and tidy.
Snack box hack
- A great way to keep your kids occupied while on a long journey is by fuelling them with snack boxes.
- Will up with their favourite healthy snacks and treats, and keep their custom boxes tucked away until they’re hungry.
DIY travel tray
- If your tots struggle with keeping things on their laps while they’re in the car, here’s a hack you need.
- Grab a flat baking tray from the kitchen and let them stack their games, tables, and other bits and bobs on top of it while in the car.
- Keeping the whole family’s snacks all in one spot is a great way to reduce mess and keep things orderly during car journeys.
- Fill up the hamper with water, snacks, sandwiches, or any other items you may need so that when lunchtime hits you know exactly where everything is.
- Fill a folder with colouring books, stickers, magazines, and all their favourite passtimes so that they’re never bored in the car.
- And if they love reading, make sure you’ve got a new book to hand to keep them busy while on the road.