Following the release of the PlayStation 5, a lot of users have been facing issues while downloading their favorite games like Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. Primarily, these include the “Queued for Download” and “View Details” error.
Ask PlayStation, on Twitter, has solved this dilemma. Apparently, the players need to update the system to its latest version, start their PS5 in Safe Mode, and then rebuild the database.
If you’ve experienced issues downloading games with “Queued for Download” or “View Details” messages on PS5, please update the system software to the latest version, start your PS5 in safe mode then rebuild the database. See “PS5:safe mode options” at https://t.co/BfgPSMafxd. pic.twitter.com/Vq7m0dXA23
— Ask PlayStation (@AskPlayStation) November 19, 2020
Certainly, the Safe Mode feature on the PlayStation consoles is a blessing for the fans. It runs the console with some of the most basic tasks that include rebuilding the console’s storage database, changing the system’s resolution, and even resetting the system to factory settings.
ALSO READ- “PlayStation Wins This Generation”- PewDiePie Claims As He Unboxes the PS5
How to start the PlayStation 5 in Safe Mode?
- Long press the power button that shuts down the console. To confirm the same, look for the power indicator that blinks for a few seconds before the console shuts down.
- Upon the shutdown, long-press the power button again. You will hear a beep as you press it, and another one after seven seconds. Release the power button as you hear the second beep.
- Connect the DualSense to your console and press the PS button.
Is your next-gen console up to date?
The latest update for Sony’s next-gen consoles that released on November 17 offers additional features, improved usability, and enhanced security.
In case your PS5 system software download poses problems, follow this procedure:
- Go to Settings > System > System Software > System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software.
- Select Update Using Internet.
Apart from system updates, the Safe Mode comprises the following functions:
- Restart PS5– end Safe Mode and restart the console with everyday functions.
- Change Video Output– amend the display resolution to resolve blank screen issues.
- Restore Default settings on the PS5.
- Rebuild the console’s database by scanning drives. This solves issues regarding game-freezes and FPS drops.
- Reset the PS5 by deleting all the data and restore it to the original state.
ALSO READ- “Absolutely Everything Is Sold”- Sony CEO Jim Ryan Comments on PlayStation 5 Sales
Such bugs and issues are more than common when a new console releases. Sony definitely knows this; accordingly, the company is making no delay in extending support towards its customers.