How To Connect Discord On PS5, Can You Get Discord On PS5, Discord PS5. While PS5 has its Party Chat options for keeping you connected to your mates during games, Discord has become an increasingly popular way of communicating with fellow gamers, as was the case with PS4.
Fortunately, you can also set up Discord on the PS5! Read more details below.
How To Connect Discord On PS5
The PS5 has only been out for a few months at this point, but already there’s already a solid selection of first-party and indie games up for grabs. That’s not including the huge back catalogue of PS4 games playable via backwards compatibility, so Discord is more useful than ever to stay in touch with other players.
- Grab a headset that supports a USB connection and has an optical cable. Regardless of what you choose, you’ll need something that switches audio between console and PC
- Hook up the optical cable between your mixamp and PS5.
- Go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings
- Change the Primary Output Port to Digital Out (Optical)
- Plug the USB into your base station and the other end into the PC
- Double check that your base station is in PC mode
- Fire up Discord on the PC and change the input device in voice settings to your mixamp
- Utilise a 3.5mm audio jack and run it from the PC speaker output to the mixamp
- Head to the voice settings in Discord and change the output device to your PC speakers
- You can now use Discord on PS5!
Sony has just announced that Discord will be integrating with the PlayStation Network from early 2022, so be sure to keep an eye out for more information on that in the coming months.
Related Content – Sony PS5 Complete Guide – A Total Resource On PlayStation 5