Man and Van Services are a great way for you to tackle transportation challenges, whether you are planning to move house or want to remove an item or piece of furniture from your property, this is the solution that you have been looking for. Furthermore, Man and Van prices illustrate a cost-efficient and reliable service that is designed to make item removals as easy as possible, for you the customer.
What is a Man and Van service?
Typically, Man and Van services are organised to transport items from one location to another. In order to provide reliable and trustworthy services, there is a way to connect to the best people in the trade through the help of companies like MyConstructor. We will connect you with experienced movers in your area, simply visit our site to learn more and get a free quote today.
Man and Van prices
The cost of opting for a man and van service will depend on several things. Below are a few factors that you will need to consider:
- Address: where you live will affect the Man and Van prices. Usually, rates tend to be higher in the London area, so keep this in mind when you receive your personalised quote.
- Distance: Man and Van prices will also depend on the distance of transportation. The further away the destination, the higher the likely costs will be.
- Number of movers: depending on how many items or the scale of the move, you will need to book the appropriate number of Man and Van movers.
- Types of items being moved: some items, for example, certain types of furniture (pianos, fragile ceramics/dishes, etc) will require extra attention. Items such as pianos will require specialised movers and in regard to other, more complex, forms of items, they will need to be packaged and secured differently, so let the movers know in advance. If unsure about an item, get in touch with your chosen service provider and you will be informed with everything you need.
- The route: the complexity of the transportation will also be taken into account. Distance is an obvious factor to be considered but things such as how many flights of stairs will have to be climbed, among other hurdles along the way, will all be assessed.
- The size of the van: Man and Van prices will also depend on the type of vehicle that will be required of the move. Naturally, the more stuff you want to move the bigger the van will have to be, and as a result the Man and Van prices may be increased.
Generally, if the move is a simple one and you require the items to be transported from A to B location, you will most probably be charged per hour. It may be possible to negotiate a fixed fee for the entire move, however, this needs to be checked with the movers beforehand.
The Man and Van prices may also include surcharges, depending on unexpected changes or the complexity of the move. For example, if the distance from A to B location is very long or if you require the disposal of some items, this will possibly be charged as an extra fee.
Man and Van Prices per Hour
If your customised move is charged per hour, the rates usually range between £35 per hour and above. At MyConstructor, our competitive rates begin at £10, going up depending on the scale of your move.
Man and Van prices vary depending on numerous factors and if, for example, you are planning to transport a great deal of items it may be wiser to hire two or three movers to help you along the way. More movers will decrease the number of hours needed to complete the move, and this will be reflected on the total Man and Van prices.
At MyConstructor, we can help you choose the most cost effective and efficient deal for you, simply call or visit our site and one of our customer service representatives will be there to guide you.
Man and Van Prices vs. Removal Van Costs
Man and Van prices may be lower than opting for a removal company. There are several reasons for this. Man and Van services operate at a shorter notice and are also present in their own local areas. It is a more concentrated type of service which enables quicker access to moving and lower charges. Removal service companies usually operate nationwide and are made up of whole fleets of trucks and vans. Man and Van services can be more customised and flexible to your move.
If on a budget, don’t be disheartened. There are ways to save money on the Man and Van prices. Here are some simple steps you may follow:
- Organise your items: you can speed up the process of the move by organising the boxes and furniture beforehand. By placing the items outside, ready to be picked up by the movers you will save precious time.
- By assisting the movers with loading and unloading you will decrease the time of the move. Remember, that usually the move will be charged by the hour, as a result, helping the movers and keeping things organised will save you time and money.
- Be mindful of the items that you do take outside in advance. UK weather is unpredictable and even light rain could make items, such as mattresses, a lot heavier.
- Finally, it is important that you organise the time of the move effectively. Minor details, such as, when will the movers start charging you will make a difference to your bank account. Make sure that you are aware of this, and ideally your hour rate charge will begin upon the arrival of the movers and not when they have left their headquarters. Communication is everything.
In order to access the best possible services, weigh out the pros and cons of more than one tradesperson. MyConstructor.co.uk can provide you with the best professionals in your area and guide you through the whole process. Visit our site for your free quote, today!