Brendan Fevola has revealed there was a moment “you s*** yourself” before he performed a priceless first act following the Melbourne quake.
Footy legend Brendan Fevola will rebuild.
The popular radio host on Wednesday revealed his own experience during Wednesday morning’s Melbourne earthquake — and has been happy to share a laugh with fans.
There has been widespread damage to buildings and homes in Melbourne and regional Victoria with tremors being felt as far away as Sydney, Canberra and Tasmania.
Fevola was caught up in the scary moment on Wednesday as he enjoyed some relaxation at his family beach house when the magnitude 5.8 quake struck.
The 40-year-old said in an interview with Triple M Perth’s Breakfast with Basil, Xav and Jenna the quake disrupted his PlayStation session and forced him to suspend a game of Call of Duty.
“I’m sitting down the beach house… my daughter’s on the bed and I thought she was just jumping up and down on it,” he said.
“I’m sitting here playing Call of Duty on the PlayStation with my headphones on and my whole screen started shaking, my PlayStation nearly fell off and I thought Jesus, that’s a bloody earthquake.
“That’s the first time my room has been rocking for a while.”
He was happy to have a laugh at his own situation, but was still throwing his arms in the air about the nightmare 18 months Melbourne has endured as the most locked-down city in the world during the Covid-19 pandemic.
“Everyone’s messaging and saying what the hell’s just happened because what else can they throw at us?” he said.
“We’ve got Covid, we’ve been locked down for over 200 days, the protests yesterday and there’s choppers flying around everywhere, the street were rioting.
“We’d never think it was Australia, let alone Melbourne and then we’ve got an earthquake, so I don’t know what’s next but it’s quite scary.”
His first act after the tremors had passed was typically priceless — jumping straight back into some PlayStation action.
“When the earth starts shaking, that’s when you start to s*** yourself a bit,” he said.
“That’s when you start getting a bit scared.
“I panicked a little bit, but it seems everything’s OK now. I’m back playing PlayStation now so everything seems all right,” he said.
His Instagram post shows everything is going to be OK in the Fevola household.
The family had previously been falsely accused by social media trolls of attempting to flee from Melbourne’s lockdown restrictions by escaping to the beach house.