Feeling glum during lockdown? Nigella Lawson has just the sweet treat to cheer you up.
The celebrity chef shared a recipe for “emergency brownies” with the 2.4 million followers on her Instagram page.
Apparently, the tutorial “quickly makes two big brownies (or four little ones)”, which is “ideal for those of us not in large households”.
The chocolatey treats take around 15-20 minutes to cook and you’ll only need beginners baking skills to pull them off.
And to throw them together, you’ll just need basic store cupboard ingredients like butter, sugar, flour and chocolate.
Check out Nigella’s super simple recipe below…
Ingredients you’ll need (makes two large servings or four smaller ones)
- 50 grams soft unsalted butter
- 50 grams soft light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple or golden syrup
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 large egg (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 grams walnut pieces
- 50 grams dark or milk chocolate chips (as wished)
- Preheat your oven to 170C or 150C Fan.
- Warm your butter, sugar and syrup through in a saucepan until everything’s dissolved and melted. Then take off the heat
- Mix together flour, cocoa and salt with a fork before beating into the buttery sugar mixture until everything’s smooth
- Whisk up your egg with vanilla extract then combine with the batter
- Pour into a foil tin that measures around 18 x 11 x 5cm
- Bake for 15-20 minutes making sure it’s still gooey in the centre but the sides and top have cooked
- Leave to cool for 20-30 minutes and enjoy
Want to bring a little glamour to your life every day with all the most exciting real-life stories, fashion and even sex tips HOT off the press?
Well, we’ve got you covered with our great new Hot Topics newsletter – it’ll drop straight into your inbox around 7pm and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
And signing up now means you’ll get a front row seat for our great new series inside the lives of the next generation of Daily Star Page 3 girls.
You can sign up here – you won’t regret it…
Looking for more treats to bake during lockdown? We’ve got you covered.
An expert recently shared their top tips for making delicious cookies.
And here’s how to make yummy Biscoff doughnuts at home.