Sony previously stated a 2021’s second quarter release window for the PlayStation 5 in China. Today, the PS5 launch date for Mainland China was announced for May 15. Additionally, the prices were revealed: 3,899 Chinese Yuan (about $602 USD or £432) for the standard model with the disc drive and 3,099 Chinese Yuan (about $479 or £343) for the digital edition.
Pre-orders for the PS5 began today, April 29 in China with the console including a two-year warranty.
The following Sony PS5 accessories will be sold:
- DualSense wireless controller for 529 yuan (about $82 USD or £59
- PULSE 3D wireless headset for 749 yuan (about $116 USD or £83
- DualSense Charging Station for 229 yuan (about $35 USD or £25
- HD Camera for 449 yuan (about $69 USD or £50)
The PlayStation Plus Collection of free games will be available in China with a total of 12 titles:
- Final Fantasy XV
- Gravity Rush 2
- Hardcore Mecha
- Helldivers: Dive Harder Edition
- Horizon Zero Dawn / Horizon Zero Dawn – The Frozen Wilds
- The Last Guardian
- LittleBigPlanet 3
- Loco Roco Remastered
- Ratchet & Clank
- WipEout Omega Collection
The Chinese versions of Genshin Impact, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, and Sackboy’s Adventure are among the games being prepared for the launch window period.
The PS5 has sold over 7.8 million consoles worldwide and is America’s fastest-selling console, in terms of dollar sales and units sold.