If you think Wordle is getting a little too easy, there’s a new version that you need to try.
The free online word game continues to attract players around the world, but dare we say it, Wordle is getting a little bit boring.
Thankfully, lots of different Wordle clones have appeared that follow a similar idea with slightly different rules.
Sweardle, Lewdle and Nerdle are some of the most popular alternatives on the internet right now, and there’s a new one to add to the mix.
It’s called Quordle, and here’s everything you need to know about it…
What is Quordle?
Described by some as Wordle on steroids, Quordle is a Wordle clone that takes the simple word game to the extreme.
Quordle follows the same idea, but you have four words to guess in nine attempts.
This makes the game a lot more difficult than Wordle, in which you only have to guess one word in six tries.
In the same way, a new Quordle gets released every day and players around the world are all competing to guess the same word.
However, there is also a ‘free Quordle’ feature that lets you play the game as much as you want.
How to play Quordle
If you’ve been playing Wordle, the rules are almost exactly the same, the Quordle game board is just a lot bigger.
To play, guess a five-letter word and you will see it appear on the screen four times as you are trying to guess for different words.
The tiles will also change colour depending on whether the letter is in the word or not.
Green means the letter is in the word in that position, whereas yellow means the letter is correct but it needs to be put in a different place.
If a tile turns grey, that means the letter isn’t in the word at all.
The Quordle board is so big that it doesn’t actually all fit on the screen. So, to play and see all four words, you will need to keep scrolling down.
Tips to win Quordle
- Most importantly, choose a good starting word with lots of vowels or five different letters. Find a list of them here.
- Try and get the vowels in the right place first as this will make it easier to fill in the other letters.
- Guess words that contain common letters. The most frequent letters in the English language are E, T, A, I, N, O, S and R.
- Don’t just focus on guessing one word, remember that you need to get all four!
- Try and eliminate as many letters as you can from the keyboard to make it easier.
- Remember that yellow or green letters can appear more than once in the word but Quordle won’t tell you.
In other news, Sydney Carter has Twitter on her defence following pink pants backlash