TRUE WhatsApp addicts will ship tens of 1000’s of texts – however who do you message essentially the most?
A lesser-known WhatsApp characteristic permits you to test what number of texts you have despatched to every contact.
Yow will discover the variety of texts you have despatched and acquired in a chat, and what number of occasions you have shared areas.
It additionally reveals what number of images, GIFs, movies, voice messages, paperwork and stickers have been despatched – and the quantity of space for storing they’re taking on.
Lastly, you possibly can even see precisely how a lot space for storing your chat with an individual is clogging up total. Perhaps your friends are a much bigger burden than you thought?
In any case, these figures can reveal who your true WhatsApp bestie actually is.
However beware: you would possibly discover that you have despatched tens of 1000’s of texts to somebody, and realise you’ve got a serious WhatsApp habit.
The way to test WhatsApp message counter
First, open the WhatsApp app and click on on the Settings tab.
Subsequent, open the Knowledge and Storage Utilization panel, then click on Storage Utilization on the backside.
Right here you will be introduced with a giant listing of your chats, ordered when it comes to space for storing taken up.
The persons are the highest of the listing can be sucking up essentially the most storage, and might take up important quantities for those who commerce plenty of photos or movies.
To see what number of texts you have despatched with an individual, click on on any of the chats and you will get a breakdown of stats.
If that does not float your boat, take a look at this nice WhatsApp trick that permits you to learn messages with out letting the sender know.
There’s additionally a cheeky hack to learn deleted WhatsApp messages.
WhatsApp – a fast historical past
This is what it is advisable know…
- WhatsApp was created in 2009 by laptop programmers Brian Acton and Jan Koum – former workers of Yahoo
- It is one of the standard messaging companies on the planet
- Koum got here up with the title WhatsApp as a result of it appeared like “what’s up”
- After various tweaks the app was launched with a messaging part in June 2009, with 250,000 energetic customers
- It was initially free however switched to a paid service to keep away from rising too quick. Then in 2016, it turned free once more for all customers
- Fb purchased WhatsApp Inc in February 2014 for $19.3billion (£14.64bn)
- The app is especially standard as a result of all messages are encrypted throughout transit, shutting out snoopers
- As of 2020, WhatsApp has over 2billion customers globally
The way to activate ‘Hidden Mode’ on WhatsApp so you do not seem on-line or ‘typing’
Mysterious ‘nuclear’ radiation spike over Europe detected
World’s biggest lightning bolt 400 MILES wide across Brazil caught on satellite
Dinosaurs WERE wiped out by giant killer asteroid and not mega-volcanoes
PS5 price ‘revealed’ as £449 – but ‘all digital’ edition could cost £100 less
Another cheeky trick lets you change your font in WhatsApp.
And find out how to read deleted WhatsApp messages on your iPhone or Android.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]