• Leads the design of enterprise-wide programs, cross-functional educational solutions, and oversees development of educational content.
• Develops educational programs based on clients’ needs or on subject matter including but not limited to: technical applications, operations procedures, industry, business management, leadership, high potential, and compliance as directed.
• Creates instructional plans, conducts needs assessments with clients and subject matter experts, develops learning objectives and lesson plans, and creates instructional materials for multiple media formats including PowerPoint, web-based, and print.
• Consults with subject matter experts in various client areas to develop content.
• Develops detailed storyboards as necessary to guide the development of media.
• Adheres to design criteria and standards in instructional design and delivery.
• Conducts evaluations to measure participant reactions to content and participant learning.
• Maintains and updates all courses in accordance with technical or procedural changes.
• Consults with various clients including other educational service providers at Raymond James as well as various business units and provides recommendations on design of educational content.
• Serves as a subject matter expert for educational systems to provide guidance and support to Level I & II LS Developers and business partners.
• Review content of educational programs and provides feedback to
• Educational theory with concentration in adult learning methods at an advanced level.
• All levels of instructional systems design including the development of talent programs including leadership and high potential development programs at an advanced level.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases.
• FrontPage, HTML (or other authoring tool), and multimedia authoring tools sufficient to develop and maintain course materials.
• Intermediate reasoning and decision making
• Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and writing, with all organizational levels.
• Create content for different types of audiences that adhere to design criteria and standards.
• Research, analyze, and propose learning solutions for educational needs.
• Promote team cohesiveness, cooperation, and effectiveness.
• Understand cultural differences and perceptions.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Gather information, identify linkages and trends, and apply finding to assignments.
• Incorporate needs, wants, and goals from different business unit perspectives into an educational program.
• Stay current on specific knowledge requirements for position.
• Provide positive as well as developmental feedback on performance.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and a minimum of five (5) years of instructional design and development experience required.
• An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm’s core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
• Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
• Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
• Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
• Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
• Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
At Raymond James – we honor, value, respect the uniqueness, experiences, and backgrounds of all of our Associates. When associates bring their best authentic self, our organization, clients and communities thrive, it is part of our part of our people-first culture. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs.
Job: Human Resources
Primary Location: US-FL-St. Petersburg-Saint Petersburg
Organization: Organizational & Talent Development
Shift: Day Job