- Stocks rise on recovery hopes after bumper crop of company results
- UK to use NHS app as vaccine proof for travel
- Sainsbury’s slumps to £261m loss on back of Covid costs
- Duke of Westminster’s property firm in the red in ‘historically poor’ year
- Fed to maintain near-zero interest rates and bond-buying programme
Danni Hewson, financial analyst at the stockbroker AJ Bell, says today’s company results are pointing to an economic recovery.
Markets are scenting recovery as a bumper crop of results out this morning demonstrates resilience and, in some cases, a full-on return to pre-Covid trading.
Over in Brussels, the European Commission’s legal proceedings against AstraZeneca over vaccine supplies have begun at the Brussels Court of First Instance.
The Commission launched legal action, accusing the Anglo-Swedish drugmaker of failing to fulfil its contract for the supply of Covid-19 vaccines, for not having a “reliable” plan to ensure timely deliveries.