Here’s what you need to know this morning.
New South Wales and the Northern Territory are now officially open to all travellers from New Zealand.
The one-way travel bubble means those travelling over the ditch do not have to quarantine when they arrive in either state.
NZ Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said it was still too early to let Australians into the nation of 5 million people.
The Australian Federal Government has said the deal is merely stage one in a more comprehensive travel bubble, which will slowly be rolled out according to international circumstances.
Murder charge for partner
The husband of a woman who was beaten to death inside her Western Sydney home has been charged with murder.
On Wednesday, emergency services were called to a block of apartments on Lane Street at Wentworthville, after a neighbour reported a woman had been badly injured.
Despite their best efforts, Sabah Hafiz, 23, died at the scene.
After extensive inquiries police located Adam Cureton, 24, at a unit in Maroubra yesterday and charged him last night.
He will appear before Parramatta Local Court today.
Day three for Maguire
Former Wagga MP Daryl Maguire will front the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) again today.
Several hours of yesterday’s hearing were held in a private session as ICAC probed the nature and extent of his former relationship with NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian.
Mr Maguire admitted he advocated the interests of property developers to government officials without disclosing that he would profit from successful projects.
The public inquiry is yet to hear Mr Maguire’s response to evidence from other witnesses that he destroyed electronic devices and records.
School warned about student rapist
The mother of a student raped and indecently assaulted at a NSW public high school in 2014 and 2015 says the state’s education department failed her family.
The student’s perpetrator was sentenced to jail last year.
The school, which can’t be identified for legal reasons, was sent warning emails about a potentially dangerous student before the attacks.
Cathy Brennan, a deputy secretary for the NSW Education Department, said procedures at the school had been improved.
“Certainly, there were inconsistencies with the standard of response that we expect from our schools,” she said.
“So whilst the school did respond, there were further actions that we really would have encouraged our school to undertake.”
Man allegedly sent gun parts by post
A 48-year-old Sydney man has been charged with attempting to import gun parts through the post.
In February, Australian Border Force officials found the parts for an assault rifle hidden inside a Bluetooth speaker in a parcel sent from the United States.
The man was arrested at his Merrylands home earlier this week after an investigation by counter terrorism officers.
During the raid, police seized two firearms and almost $30,000 in cash.