Cannabis consumption has been growing in popularity since its legalization in some states and countries. And due to proper regulations, many dispensaries have been offering various products to consume in different ways. Some of these are THC concentrates, also known as dabs.
Dabbing is a method of consuming high concentrations of THC or tetrahydrocannabinol, a psychoactive compound derived from cannabis. These concentrates are produced through various ways of extraction, typically through solvents such as butane hash oil, carbon dioxide, isopropyl, and ethanol. However, THC can also be extracted through heat, pressure, and distillation.
Despite the risks some claim about dabbing, it is an amplifying trend among cannabis consumers, and here’s why:
- Higher Potency
Dabbing lets consumers enjoy higher THC concentrations ranging from 60% to 90%. It’s more potent than smoking flowers. Since dabs are more concentrated, one can expect a faster effect and longer-lasting high.
There are many advantages of smoking dabs. Due to its higher potency, one can quickly reap the benefits of THC, like pain relief, increased appetite, and relaxation, as compared to other ways of consuming cannabis.
- No Combustion
Dabbing is the process of inhaling vapors from heating dabs or THC concentrates. It’s ideal for people who would like to enjoy its benefits without burning plant material. One can also purchase various dabbing tools like dab rigs and vape pens.
As cannabis dabbing becomes more popular, some misconceptions need to be addressed. Since this method of consumption is similar to inhaling harmful synthetic substances, some may conclude that dabs are just as dangerous. Although dabbing may pose some risks due to high THC levels, some experts assure that a life-threatening overdose is almost impossible.
- Free From Other Compounds
Cannabis contains various cannabinoids, all consumed through smoking raw flowers, which is the typical method of consumption. Some consumers, especially those using cannabis as supplementary health treatment, may need a specific cannabinoid to maximize its effect.
Dabbing lets consumers enjoy pure THC. However, its purity still depends on the method of extraction. The easiest way to ensure the quality of THC concentrates is to purchase from licensed dispensaries. These manufacturers follow standards and strict regulations to deliver products free from harmful contaminants.
Aside from getting accurate concentration, licensed dispensaries could also give you beginner-friendly dabbing instructions and tips.
- Various Options
The cannabis industry continues to flourish following the legalization of its medical and recreational use in some states. Its growth has led to more product innovation that provides more options for consumers. As for dabbing, here are the most popular concentrates available:
- Oils: Most oil concentrates are extracted through the CO2 process. It’s one of the first options for dabbing that’s pure and flavorful. Oils vaporize at low temperatures, which is safer and more convenient.
- Shatter: Its name is the description itself. Shatters are crystal-like concentrates that “shatter” when broken or tapped. Its tightly packed molecules create its transparent-like appearance, and its solid structure helps maintain its potency when stored. Upon heating, it transforms into a thick, honey-like consistency before vaporizing.
- Waxes: These are some of the most popular concentrates due to their THC levels which can go over 80%. They come in various flavor profiles that makes consumption more pleasant.
- Distillate: Distillation produces the purest and highest THC concentration. Distillates come in runny consistency that’s clear or amber in color. Due to its higher potency, it’s more suitable for experienced users. It can also cause an intense “high” sensation even in tiny doses, so it’s best to keep consumption at a minimum.
- Rosin: This is typically more expensive due to its clean extraction process. Unlike other cannabis concentrates, rosin doesn’t contain solvent. THC is extracted through heat and pressure, producing a premium quality product that’s currently the most sought-after cannabis concentrate in the market.
There are more cannabis concentrates for various uses. Aside from dabbing, these are also effective for making edibles at home.
- Convenient Consumption
Besides the concentrates mentioned, various tools and accessories that can make cannabis consumption more convenient have become more accessible too. Some of these are the following:
- Dab Rig: Dab rigs are similar to the traditional bong but specifically designed for consuming concentrates. It has a dab nail where you heat the product with a torch to vaporize it.
- Dab Pen: This is a versatile dabbing tool since it’s suitable for concentrates of varying consistencies. It has a built-in heating coil that instantly vaporizes the concentrate.
- Double-Ended Tool: This tool helps in handling hard-to-manage concentrates like waxes and distillates. It commonly has a scoop and paddle for scraping products to minimize wastage,
- Silicone Suction Dabber: Silicone is the best material for handling concentrates with runny consistency like oils. This tool enables convenient transfer from storage to the dab nail without wasting a drop.
- Shatter-Proof Storage: Storage accessories are just as important as dabbing tools. This type of container is best for storing crystal-like concentrates like shatter.
These tools can make the dabbing experience more convenient and seamless, even for first-time users.
Dabbing became the latest trend in cannabis consumption due to its potency, quality, and accessible products. Essentially, it can give a whole new experience both for beginners and experienced users.