Unbelievably we’ve made it to 500 Wordle puzzles, and the game’s still as popular as ever. Today’s Wordle puzzle is suitably challenging, featuring a word you probably wouldn’t use that often. If you’re struggling with the latest Wordle puzzle and need a little help, Express Online has put together a selection of spoiler-free hints to point you in the right direction. Just head to the bottom of the page for Wordle 500 clues for November 1.
Wordle challenges players to figure out a five letter word in just six guesses. In order to successfully solve the puzzle, you need to pay attention to the colour of the tiles.
If the tile turns grey, then the letter you’ve guessed doesn’t appear in the final word. If it turns yellow, then the letter appears in the word, just not in that position. A green tile means the letter is in the word and in the correct place.
If you’re really lucky you might just get the answer on your first go, although the odds are extremely slim.
Because of the popularity of Wordle, there are lots of different variations of the original game, all with their own twist.
There’s a Lord of the Rings themed Wordle called Lordle, a musical variant called Heardle, and a hardcore Wordle game called Quordle – where the aim is to guess four words instead of just one.
If you’re not great with words, then you’ll prefer something like Nerdle, where you’ve got to figure out a maths equation.
As for today’s Wordle, check out the latest selection of spoiler-free hints below…
General Wordle tips and tricks…
• Don’t use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try to use a couple of vowels in your first guess, particularly ‘A’ and ‘E’.
• Avoid letters such as ‘X’, ‘Z’ and ‘Q’ until later on, when you have a better idea what the answer is.
• ‘RAISE’ is a good word to start with, while ‘TOUCH’ is a decent second guess.
• Check out the daily hints provided by Express Online below…
Wordle 500 hints and clues for November 1…
1. Wordle 500 starts with the letter P.
2. Wordle 500 contains just two vowels.
3. Nice smelling tree.