Autumn is almost here and we can’t wait to get our hands on a Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Call us basic, but the tasty drink has become a must-have as the days grow colder.
The alternative to a cuppa is the perfect beverage for feeling cosy.
Luckily, while we wait for it to be back in coffee shops, Tesco has the perfect alternative – and it’s only 62p per portion!
You can make it at home using the supermarket’s tasty recipe.
What’s your favourite autumn food or drink? Let us know in the comments section…
Not only is it a great value dupe, saving up to £2.53 a cup, it’s great for those working from home.
Just follow the instructions below:
Tesco Real Food Pumpkin Latte
- Baking Buddy Natural Pumpkin Puree 425G, £1.60
- Tesco Espresso Ground Coffee 227G, £2.30
- Tesco Light Soft Brown Sugar 500G, £1.30
- Tesco Original Real Dairy Spray Cream 250G, £1.10
- Tesco Whole Milk 2 Pints/1.13L, 80p
- Tesco Ground Cinnamon 40G, 85p
- Tesco Ground Mix Spice 37G, 85p
- Tesco Cocoa Powder 200G, £1.80
- Put the pumpkin purée, sugar, spices and milk in a microwave-proof jug.
- Mix the contents to combine.
- Cover with clingfilm, then carefully pierce the surface two or three times, to allow steam to escape.
- Microwave on full power for 1½-2 mins, until the milk is hot.
- Using an electric milk frother or whisk, whisk for 30-45 secs or until milk is really frothy.
- Pour the hot coffee into a latte glass or mug, then add the spiced pumpkin milk.
- Top with cream, if using, then dust with a little more mixed spice and some cocoa.
If you have a coffee machine, use two shots of espresso to make the latte.
If not, use an instant espresso coffee or your usual cafetière.
You will need 50ml strong coffee made from about 1 tbsp ground coffee.
We can’t wait to give this recipe a try.
Summer may be over, but sipping on this while watching scary Halloween films is just what we want to do.