Zoe Ball was forced to pull out of presenting Strictly Come Dancing’s spin-off show It Takes Two due to a secret Covid scare.
The 50-year-old TV host was also forced to drop out of presenting her BBC Radio 2 show after presenting with coronavirus symptoms.
Zoe reportedly came down with symptoms on Tuesday, was tested for the virus, and isolated herself away while awaiting her results.
After spending a couple of days resting up at home, the star was finally given the all-clear on Thursday night and is said to be preparing to return to work as normal on Monday.
A source close to the star told The Sun: “Clearly Zoe did not want to take any chances and adhered to government guidelines to the letter.
“After coming down with cold and flu-like symptoms, she rang her BBC bosses who immediately advised her to stay home and isolate.
“A test was sent to her and Zoe didn’t want to alarm people by making anyone aware.”
Zoe is said to have been “hugely relieved” by her negative test result.
Mirror Online have contacted a representative of Zoe for comment.
While Zoe was off the air – both on TV and radio – Rylan Clark-Neal took over hosting of It Takes Two, while Matt Lucas and Maol Rajan were stand ins for her radio show.
Strictly Come Dancing and It Takes Two have been thrown into chaos in recent weeks due to Covid scares.
Contestant Nicola Adams and her dance partner Katya Jones were forced to quit the competition earlier this month after pro dancer Katya tested positive for the virus.
While show judge Motsi Mabuse was forced to isolate for two weeks at home following an emergency trip to Germany – with her judging seat occupied by Anton du Beke.
Meanwhile, Rylan was forced to miss filming episodes of It Takes Two last month – as well as his own Radio 2 show – after he came into contact with someone who had tested positive for the virus.