Baked Cod is gently cooked in a lemon butter sauce and surrounded by roasted tomatoes and capers.
This is a perfect quick and easy fish recipe that can be ready in less than 30 minutes. It’s simple yet fresh and flavorful!
We love this recipe for Baked Cod.
- It’s simple and fast!
- The fish comes out tender and flaky every time.
- It’s light fresh and a healthy alternative to red meat.
COD If fillets are too large, replace them with cod loins which are shorter but fatter. They will take longer to cook and a meat thermometer should be used to make sure they’re baked fully through. Both cuts of cod can be found fresh or frozen!
SAUCE Lemon juice and butter are an ideal match for the mild, buttery flavor of cod.
TOMATOES Roasted tomatoes give the dish a savory flavor and a pop of color.
BASIL Fresh herbs are the perfect way to finish off this dish before serving.
Variation: A light, breaded topping can be made by combining some Panko breadcrumbs with olive oil, lemon zest and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over the top of the fish before baking.
PRO TIP: Place the baked fish under the broiler for 1 minute for an extra crunchy crust on the top.
How to Bake Cod
It’s so easy to make this luscious and flaky cod, and it just takes a few quick prep steps to perfect fish!
- Toss cod with lemon juice & 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a bowl. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Toss tomatoes with remaining olive oil, garlic, basil, capers, salt, & pepper; roast.
- Nestle the cod with roasted tomatoes & capers, drizzle butter over the cod, bake according to the recipe below.
What to Serve with Baked Cod
- Keep leftover cod in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days. It makes great leftovers as Fish Tacos!
- Reheat in the microwave, serve cold over a salad, or tuck into a wrap for a workday lunch.
- Cod can be frozen for up to two months if wrapped tightly, but the texture won’t be the same once it’s thawed. In this case, use it in soups or stews.
Our Fave Fish Dishes
Did you make this Baked Cod? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Baked cod with cherry tomatoes & seasonings is a healthy, flavorful entree that’s ready in 30 minutes!
Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss cod with lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Place in the refrigerator.
Toss tomatoes with remaining tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, basil, capers, and salt & pepper to taste. Place in a 9×13 pan and roast 10 minutes.
Remove cod from the fridge and nestle in the pan with the tomatoes. Drizzle melted butter over cod.
Bake for 11-14 minutes or just until opaque and the fish flakes easily. Do not overcook.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle with parsley and basil before serving.
If your fish filets are thicker they will need more time.
Calories: 838, Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 161g, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 402mg, Sodium: 655mg, Potassium: 3901mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 908IU, Vitamin C: 28mg, Calcium: 162mg, Iron: 4mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword Baked Cod, Baked Cod recipe, best Baked Cod, how to make Baked Cod