At any given moment, someone is most likely looking for brands and companies like yours on Facebook. And what better method for you to reach them as a business owner than with clever Facebook marketing?
According to data, Facebook has over 2.29 billion daily users, at least 17% of whom use it as a platform for brand and product research. Due to the high number of daily active users, business owners must pay attention to Facebook marketing. To effectively market your brand on Facebook, you must thoroughly understand its advertising process. This starts from the required Facebook video ad specs, to understanding how to identify your target market.
Consequently, if you’re interested in Facebook marketing and don’t know how to go about it, this article will guide you in preparing for it. Read on!
What is Facebook Marketing?
Facebook marketing is simply promoting your brand or business on Facebook. This creates brand awareness, inadvertently increasing engagement, leads, or sales. Facebook marketing comprises all or a few of the following techniques:
- Organic image and video content posting
- Images and video content paid advertisement
- Influencer marketing
- Contests and giveaways
A Facebook page differentiates a regular user from a business owner. You can’t intend to optimize your Facebook account for business purposes without having a business page. This should be your first step when preparing for Facebook marketing. Creating a business page is free; thus, for businesses on a low budget, you could still market your brands on Facebook with little to no cost.
How to Create a Facebook Business Page
Creating a business page is pretty straightforward and can be done in minutes. Follow the below steps to create a working page.
- Log in or sign in to your personal Facebook account.
- Open the menu (the nine dots on the right) and click Create, then Page.
- Fill in your business details–name, category, description.
- You can further Click Edit Page Info to add more to your About section, add a website URL, and more. And boom, you have a business page already.
Note: if you use your account to create the page, your personal information won’t show on the page. However, you can also create a new Facebook account with a work email address.
How to Create an Effective Facebook Marketing Strategy
It takes much more than just having an optimized business page to position your brand in front of potential buyers strategically. Here are some tactics to effectively market your business or brand on Facebook.
1. Have a Clear Goal
Before doing Facebook marketing, you must have a business goal you intend to achieve. Although the goals of most businesses might vary, they primarily include:
- Promoting brand awareness
- Increasing conversions and sales
- Boosting customer engagement
- Generating leads
- Driving traffic to a website
- Nurturing and qualifying your leads
Determining the goal you have for marketing would enable you to choose a better marketing technique, posts, or formats to use. It’s usually advised to divide your goal into smaller objectives as it becomes easier to achieve your big goal.
2. Define your Target Audience
Because Facebook is a social media platform, it’s bound to have users of all ages flocking there – teens, young adults, and adults all have accounts. As a business owner interested in marketing your business to Facebook users, you need to ask yourself some essential questions:
- How old are my target customers?
- Is my product for men or women?
- What problem do they have in common?
- Why should they use your product?
- What outcomes do they want to achieve with it?
Defining your target audience would help you tailor your marketing content in tone, style, and format. While getting information about your audience might seem pretty challenging, using Facebook Audience Insights will help. This tool will help you get information about people connected to your page, people from your custom audience, and people on Facebook.
3. Decide on the Content Formats
You already have a clear goal you’re working towards and a target audience in mind; your next step would be to create content that resonates with your audience. You have to decide the type of content to post; is it strictly promotional, or is there a mix? It’s best to keep in mind that constant promotional or advertising content can likely repel your customers away.
Thus, a content mix of educational, informational, promotional, and entertaining content would be great. You also have to decide if you intend to create this content using images or videos. If you decide on images, ensure you do not use stock images and that they are of the correct specifications. For videos, create a mobile-friendly video with the right specs. Another decision is if you intend to create content yourself or with a creative agency.
Finally, know that the more you post, the higher your conversions. You should also know your posting schedule. Do you see yourself creating content daily? If not, how many times a week is convenient for you? A frequency of five times a week is considered ideal. This way, you have enough time to create high-quality content.
4. Boost Your Content
Although you can keep posting your content and generating leads organically, you can also decide to go further. This means boosting your content through paid Facebook advertisements. This allows you to reach a wider audience, which increases conversions.
What makes it great is that you can choose the timing, ad placement, and target audience, all for a reasonable fee. You can also decide to run the ads yourself using Ad Center, provided you feel confident navigating it. If not, look for agencies that run sponsored advertisements on Facebook.
5. Leverage Facebook Tools
With the different tools Facebook provides, you get to do more and make your marketing more effective. Some of the tools to leverage are:
- Facebook Messenger: this serves as online customer service for your audience. You can also create a chatbot for Facebook messenger that answers your customer’s questions and queries on your behalf.
- ● Pages to watch: this allows you ‘stalk’ your competitor’s page and monitor their performance and engagement. Doing this can give you an insight into what to do better. You can do this by going to the Insights section, clicking on the pages to watch part, and then adding your competitor’s page.
- Invite engaged users: this tool enables you directly message people who engage your post and contents frequently. This way, you can quickly turn them into leads.
There is more competition among brands every day, and only those with effective marketing strategies can remain successful. While there are many ways to market your business to potential clients, one platform that gives brands the chance to do so is Facebook. Facebook marketing is brilliant for any business owner due to its extensive audience reach and reasonably low cost. The strategies provided in this article are an excellent place to begin if you’re unclear about how to proceed.